Thursday, November 3, 2011

52 Days of Christmas

Yes, I know- it's not even Thanksgiving yet.... BUT, there is nothing I dread more than Christmas shopping! It is so hard to shop for an entire family, especially the guys. Not to mention everything you're buying for your female cousins is something you secretly want for yourself. And all the Secret Santa parties? We don't really think of  how big our shopping list really is, until it's 5 days 'till Christmas and half of our list still needs presents. So why not start early and have time to actually enjoy this holiday?

Each day I'll post 10 Christmas gift ideas (that is 520 gifts.... surely that covers your list??!)


1. Have a young daughter/tween? Make (notice you don't even have BUY!!) a 365 Daily Reminders for my Daughter jar. Sound silly? Kind of... but might I remind you that at this age things start becoming harder, especially for girls- and if there is one thing they want to hear (even if they don't want to ask), is something from her mother. Yes, they still adore you. Fill the jar with 365 small pieces of paper containing notes of love, hope, reminders, appreciation, etc. On a bad day, that note could brighten it up. Decorate the jar with images of some of your daughters favorite things.

2. Again for a young daughter, buy (or make) a mother/daughter journal. I had one of these with my mom when I was about 8 or 9, and we bonded so much. We could express and talk about anything with each other. There are many kinds each with something to offer. One I recently saw & really liked was called "Just Mom and Me" (on Amazon). Fish around on the internet or go to a bookstore like Joseph Beth (they also have a Just Dad and Me book).

3. Have a picky eater? Make it more fun with a Construction Eating Kit.

4. Maybe you have someone who is really into nature and habitats you can keep at home (specifically frogs...)? Get them Planet Frog. It is a live frog habitat, break resistant, escape proof rain forest environment with a pond, plastic plants and rock cavern. I do believe you have to buy tadpoles to accompany it (although this website comes with coupons for a specific type of tadpole I think).

5. This next gift I am thinking about possibly getting for my mom or my aunt. If you knew them, you'd appreciate this title- I Hate Everything book. The author is hilarious! Share this with your best friend, mom, dad, brother, sister.... this could really be a present for anybody.

6. Buy your best friend a Chick Flick Kit. This is something I totally want.......

7. Know someone on your list that's in college? They'll appreciate this (trust me!). $5 A Meal College Cookbook. Until you've eaten ramen noodles everyday, you'll never understand this desire!

8. I don't know that this is a really a good gift.... but it's pretty cool, and I know at least 10 college aged guys who wouldn't mind getting one- Color-Changing Shower Head. I know it sounds kind of lame.. but hey, you never know!

9. Get mom or grandma something they'll cherish... Personalized Photo Throw Blanket. The one on the link is in the $70- $80 range... but I do believe I saw something similar available at WalMart.

10. Again, a present for a little girl (I don't know why I'm finding so many little girl things tonight......). This looks like it could be fun (maybe she can use it at a sleep over- who knows?) and you don't really want to buy a 9 year old make up.... Get her a Spa Science Kit.

Well... that's all for tonight... more tomorrow!

Happy Shopping.... whenever you get around to it ..

-Jessica ♥(:

3 comments:

  1. So I have a few things to say about this..

    1. Hmmm... Who might these "female cousins" be? ;)

    2. I laughed so hard at #5 that the water I was drinking almost came out my nose.

    3. Ramen noodles? Everyday? I could only dream of that... LOL

    4. We need to do something ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. These female cousins happen to live in Ohio...... ;)
    2. I thought you'd appreciate that!!
    3. Ramen noodles are just disgusting. It gives me nightmares!
    4. AGREED! Christmas shopping together?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Ohhhhhh

    2. Yesss

    3. No way! Love me some Ramen! XD

    4. Yessssssss!

    ReplyDelete