Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wanna Make a Word Cloud??

Yeah, that sounds kinda lame... but it's a great way to get to know the people around you and find yourself again! This was one of my assignments from my Business Writing class, and I've learned a lot about my peers, and they've learned a lot about me. Seeing the similarities and differences in people are always cool, and you might be surprised what you find/remember about yourself. Make this (if you homeschool) an assignment for your kids, or even do it just for fun. The website is free, and it's so easy to work with!

To try it out:


  1. Go to tagxedo.com
  2. Click on the "Create" tab
  3. Under the heading "Words" click load, and type in all the words that describe yourself
  4. Then get creative and change the shape, color, theme, layout, etc. (most of the content is free- but there are some "pro" content. The free stuff is really all you need!)
  5. IF you want, you can save it to your computer, and print it out, or share it on the web..
Here is the one I made for my assignment: 



As I was typing this, I also thought it could be a good tool for some vocab lessons? What do you think?
Got to get back to homework now, but I thought I'd try to squeeze in a little blogging time! If you do try it out, what did you use it for? Did you like it?

Happy blogging everyone!

- Jessica  ♥

2 comments:

  1. Cool! I like this idea. :)Will definitely be using it. You hear that H? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete